Putting People First. Keeping your best interest in mind during the Coronavirus Pandemic.
How is Lake Shore Savings Bank keeping their employees safe?
At Lake Shore Savings, we’re a family. When our family faces a crisis (or a pandemic), we support each other.
Our Senior Management Leadership Team felt so strongly about caring for the safety and of our employees and customers that we immediately mobilized a Pandemic Team, comprised of our senior management team members. It has been the commitment of every member of our Pandemic Team to meet at minimum once a week to review the mandates and recent developments and follow both the Federal and State requirements so that we can ensure our employees are protected and that we remain on the forefront of the developments of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Actions we have taken:
- We have reached out to the companies that provide cleaning services to our facilities to ensure they are taking essential precautions and increased our cleaning schedule for all branch locations.
- Encouraged open communication regarding concerns of COVID – 19 with Senior Management, Branch Managers and employees through regular staff meetings.
- Immediately provided hand sanitizer, cleaning supplies and face masks to all employees that are customer facing.
- We have educated Lake Shore Savings employees on the CDC’s personal hygiene recommendations.
- Educating employees on monitoring their health, and encouraging them to use Paid Time Off when necessary.
- We are following CDC guidelines for self-quarantine of employees who feel sick, who have visited a high-risk area or who live with someone who has visited a high-risk area.
- We have suspended non-essential business travel and all airline travel until further notice.
- We are strongly recommending restricting non-essential personal travel until further notice.
- Encouraging social distancing measures in the workplace
- Installing protective barriers where social distancing could not be maintained
- We have canceled in-person employee training events and meetings.
- Back Office employees whose job responsibilities allow them to work remotely are doing so.
- Limiting capacity as we re-open branch office lobbies.
- Continuing to encourage use of drive-thru facilities and ATM’s when possible.
- Educating our customers via our Website on financial assistance programs available to them, such as loan deferment, fee waivers, and special lending programs through the Small Business Association
Throughout this time, the Human Resource Department has provided all Lake Shore Savings employees with an awareness of the opportunity for support through some of our partnerships with insurance companies.
Weekly emails were distributed with the following topics being covered:
- Availability of the Employee Assistance Program which provides support to all LS employees and their families.
- Changes in regulation and accessibility to Health Insurance and the Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- Financial resources – such as documentation for the employee’s 401k plans, and to educate staff whose retirement plans may be affected by current market volatility
We are happy to announce that all of our lobbies are now open to the public during regular business hours, Monday through Saturday. We do encourage our customers to continue to utilize drive-thru and ATM services for their transaction needs when convenient, and to call ahead for an appointment to meet with bank personnel on other matters.
Aligned with guidance from the State of New York and the CDC, certain measures and restrictions have been implemented to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and protect the safety of our employees and customers during lobby interactions. These include:
- Hand sanitizing stations at entry/exit points.
- Plexiglas shields at teller stations and customer service desks.
- Common areas have been modified or closed to allow for social distancing.
- Signage has been installed to assist with social distancing protocol.
- Cleaning procedures have been enhanced.
- Employees must complete a daily health questionnaire before they can interact with customers.
In addition, our lobbies will have limits on the number of persons allowed in at a given time. A staff member will greet and assist you if there is a need to temporarily halt entry to the lobby.
The wearing of masks and adherence to proper social distancing will be required of all who access the lobby. If you do not have a face mask we can supply you with one. If you prefer not to wear one, we kindly ask you to please continue to utilize our drive-thru to conduct your transactions or to use our remote banking services. We offer several convenient services to help you bank with us, anytime, anywhere:
- ATM’S – using our expanded network of ATM’s, you can conveniently obtain your balance or access your available funds. ATM’s at our branch locations also accept cash or check deposits.
- Online Banking – access account information, make internal transfers, use Bill Pay service, make person-to-person transfers using Zelle® and much more.
- Mobile Banking – all the capabilities of online banking and the ability to deposit checks with your mobile device via Mobile Deposit.
- Night Drop Box – Each branch location has a night drop box which can be used to make loan payments, or to make cash or check deposits to your accounts. Place your payment or deposit into a sealed envelope with the appropriate payment or deposit slip.
We encourage you to contact us or visit our Online Bank Services Education Center to learn about our online and mobile banking options.
As we navigate through this period of uncertainty together, we remain committed to Putting People First and will strive to provide the high quality service you deserve. Please do not hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service Center at (716) 366-4070, option 3, during normal business hours, with any specific questions or concerns you might have, or contact us with your questions and we’ll be glad to assist you further.
We thank you in advance for your cooperation and patience as we continue to adapt to these ever-changing times… and, as always, we sincerely THANK YOU for choosing Lake Shore Savings.
Did you know that Lake Shore Savings mortgage and HELOC loans can be applied for completely online?
Should you be interested in applying for a loan, but have been hesitant to have to come into a branch or office, rest assured you can navigate the process online from the comfort of your own home. Loan specialists are available via phone and email during normal business hours to answer any questions you might have. Please contact us to learn more about our online loan applications, or start the process now by clicking here.
Effective today, our Lake Shore Savings branches will be serving customers via drive-thru, and where necessary, by appointment only in our lobbies.
We continue to abide by all mandated social distancing guidelines to ensure the safety of our customers and employees remain our top priority.
For our customers requiring specialized service, please contact our Customer Solutions Center at (716) 366-4070, option 3, or contact your local branch directly during normal business hours to make an appointment or to discuss your account related questions. To our customers who have been directly impacted by the COVID-19 mandates, we are prepared to work with you. Please contact your banker to discuss your individual situation.
As a further show of support, we are waiving the $2.00 “foreign ATM” fees for our Lake Shore Savings customers who use another bank’s ATM until at least April 30, 2020.
We urge you to utilize our full suite of mobile and online banking products to manage your accounts digitally, which can greatly assist in limiting your social interactions. See the information below for quick video tutorials of our digital products and resources. Should you require assistance in registering or utilizing any of these valuable tools, contact us for assistance and we will be glad to walk you thru your questions.
Thank you for your continued patience and understanding as we navigate thru these challenging times. Rest assured, we will continue to serve you, our valued customers, during these unprecedented circumstances.
Putting People First. It’s what we’ve done, and what we continue to do, for nearly 130 years. With the recent Coronavirus situation reaching Pandemic status, you can rest assured that Lake Shore Savings Bank has been taking every precaution to ensure the safety of our customers, employees, and vendor partners, while we strive to deliver uninterrupted service and support, both in-branch and online.
We are committed to keeping the best interest of our valued customers and partners a priority as we navigate thru these unprecedented circumstances impacting our global community. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work together to provide you the information, tools and resources you need to alleviate any potential disruptions to service.
We continue to place a heightened awareness on keeping our customers and employees safe during this period, and are proactively following best practices throughout our organization.
- Staff are prepared to work remotely to mitigate any disruption in service to our customers.
- We are actively reviewing our current Pandemic Plan and are prepared to enact further measures should the need arise.
- Sick employees are instructed to stay home and work remotely when applicable.
- Work travel for employees is limited to vital travel only.
- All branches and offices are being thoroughly cleaned ongoing. Shared surfaces are being deep cleaned on a regular basis.
- Lake Shore offers a robust online suite of banking services for our customers to utilize in lieu of in branch banking.
Please do not hesitate to reach out to our Customer Solutions Center at (716) 366-4070, option 3, during normal business hours, with any specific questions or concerns you might have, or contact us with your question and we’ll be glad to assist you further.
If you have not already explored our full suite of electronic account management offerings, we encourage you to educate yourself on the valuable resources outlined below, and register to ensure access to your account information when you need it, 24/7. Lake Shore Savings offers robust online banking capabilities for both personal and business customers, making it even easier than ever to bank how, when and wherever you like.
Again, we thank you for your continued trust and support and look forward to providing you the first-class service you have come to expect from us for generations. We will continue to provide any further updates as they might arise over the coming weeks.
What You Can Do
Lake Shore Savings recently introduced CardValet®, an app that allows you to safeguard your cards from fraud with customized alerts and the ability to set limits on cards. Simply download the CardValet® app from Google Play™ or the App Store and follow the instructions to register your Lake Shore Savings debit card(s). Once you register your card, you can choose to:
- Sign up for alerts based on transaction amount, location, merchant type or transaction type.
- Set limits for spending – great for parents and employers.
- Turn your debit cards “off” if they are misplaced or stolen, right from your smartphone.
- Set other features and much more!
Check out the video to learn more about CardValet®.
E-Statements are a better way to receive your monthly statement. Not only are they better for the environment by saving tons of paper, but they are completely secure and may arrive even quicker since you don’t have to rely on standard mail delivery.
Check out the video to learn more about E-Statements.
Online banking access will allow you to bank wherever and whenever you want! Getting started is easy. As you are opening your account with Lake Shore Savings, you must request online banking access. You will be given a temporary username and password within 48 hours of opening your account. After logging in, you will be prompted to create a unique username and password.
If you already have an account and would like to access online banking, simply. Next, click the “Not yet enrolled? Enroll now.” link located near the bottom of the page and follow the prompts to get started.
Check out the video to learn more about online banking.
If you are unable to get to a branch to deposit a check, you can use the mobile deposit feature in our LS Mobile Banking app to deposit your check directly from your smartphone. Simply follow the step-by-step prompts and your check will be directly deposited into your checking account. Be sure to review the LS Mobile Frequently Asked Questions for important information and terms and conditions for using the LS Mobile Banking app, including details on when funds will be made available after depositing a check via mobile deposit.
Check out the video to learn more about mobile banking.
Zelle is a fast, safe and easy way to send money directly to someone—all you need is their email address or U.S. mobile phone number. Simply enroll in Zelle through your LS Mobile Banking App using your email address or U.S. mobile number. This will be the only information shared when sending money, keeping your sensitive bank account details private.
For more information click here
Lake Shore Savings is pleased to introduce Notifi. Know what ‘s happening with your money the moment it occurs. Notifi is a new, enhanced alerting system where you can receive account alerts via text message, email, and/or the LS mobile app. Alerts are available for both personal and business customers. Watch this short video for more details about this exciting new feature!